The President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) instituted proceedings against Natural Pharmaceuticals, charging it with infringement of collective consumer interests. Such proceedings may result in imposing a penalty of up to 10% of the entrepreneur’s turnover for each of the identified practices. It is important that the Chairman of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection instituted parallel proceedings to impose a penalty on the person managing Natural Pharmaceuticals. In accordance with the law, if she intentionally led to the violation of consumer rights, she may face a penalty of up to 2 million zł for each practice.
The charges include.
– Non-transparent communication to consumers about participation in an annual supply program (subscription);
– Presenting order confirmations in a manner that could be misleading
– Providing misleading information to make the purchase of supplements credible in the eyes of consumers, including but not limited to recommendations from the European Food Safety Authority
– Failure to mark the button used to place an order online with the wording that it is an order with an obligation to pay. Instead, the text appears: “I am ordering”, which may not be in compliance with the Consumer Rights Act;
– Misleading consumers in a television advertisement that stated any household could order a free year’s supply of vitamin D. However, the ad included additional conditions in small font – shipping costs were required, which consumers may not have read.